How do I request wired (Ethernet) access for a non-wireless device in my residence hall room?

Kent State Wireless access is available for all computers and mobile devices in all residence hall rooms.  Please follow the PC and Mac Wireless instructions for your computer, the mobile device instructions or game console/entertainment device instructions to connect.

Non-Wireless Devices

If your game console, VOIP phone or other device does not have the ability to connect to the wireless network, you may submit a request for wired access.

Kent State University continuously looks to improve the wireless experience of our students.  If you are running into issues connecting to the wireless network, please submit a support ticket and one of the Universities Tech2You technicians will be happy to investigate the wireless network.

To submit a wired port request for a residence hall room, please visit, click Submit a Ticket and use Request Type: Network/Wireless Access and Detail: In Room Wired Port Request.

Please include the following:

           1.  The MAC address of the devices you wish to connect.

           2.  The reason you are requesting the wired port.

Was this helpful?
0 reviews


Article ID: 38270
Thu 8/31/17 3:44 PM
Fri 9/22/17 12:07 PM